Great for a party appetizer - it makes a colorful presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese (can be flavored)
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- fresh basil (to garnish)
- 18 crostini (lightly toasted, thin sliced, french bread)
- 1Take cheeses out of refrigerator to bring to room temperature.
- 2Roast bell peppers. Place pepper on a foil lined broiler pan. Broil turning as sides begin to char. Wrap tightly in the foil and let cool. This will steam them so the skin removes easily. When cool, remove stems, skins and seeds.
- 3Dice peppers and add vinegar, oil, herbs, capers and garlic. Add salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 4Toast pine nuts in a dry pan, shaking until they take on a little color. This can take as little as a minute or two so don't walk away from pan.
- 5Blend cream cheese, feta and goat cheese in a small bowl until smooth. Shape into a mound on the serving platter and slightly flatten the top.
- 6Pour marinated peppers over the cheese, then garnish with toasted pine nuts and basil. Surround with crostini.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini With Cheese Torta and Marinated Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.0
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 452.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: