1/10 Photos of Debbie's Chicken Parmesan
1 hr 30 mins
Mainely Debbie's Note:
This recipe is for OAMC; you can reduce the amount very easily. I tried to measure the best I could as well as give prep and cook times. The oil should be about 2 inches deep in whatever pan you use to fry the cutlets in. If I have leftover coating mix I use it to make homemade onion rings. It is best to set up an assembly line when making this and get all the cutlets breaded before starting to fry because the frying process does not take long. Depending on how fast your oil gets dirty you might have to change it before all the cutlets are cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, about 6 pounds
- 2 cups flour
- 4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups olive oil (or more)
- 3 cups shredded cheese, mozzarella & provolone mix (or more)
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce, I use homemade (or more)
- 1Pound chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thin between 2 pieces of plastic wrap (like Saran Wrap) and set aside.
- 2Put flour in a dish big enough to coat chicken cutlets.
- 3Mix the eggs and water together and put in a dish large enough to fit cutlets.
- 4Mix flour, parmesan cheese and garlic salt in a dish large enough to coat cutlets.
- 5Coat the chicken in flour on both sides and shake to remove excess flour.
- 6Dip the chicken in egg on both sides.
- 7Coat the chicken in bread crumbs on both sides and shake to remove excess.
- 8Set aside once all the cutlets are coated.
- 9Heat oil in pan on medium until hot enough and fry cutlets about 2 minutes on each side until browned, then put on paper towels to absorb the grease.
- 10Put cooked cutlets in a pan, top with tomatoe sauce then cheese mixture and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes until cheese has melted.
- 11NOTE: When I freeze the cutlets I like to freeze them without the sauce or cheese and add it when I thaw the cooked cutlets.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Debbie's Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1009.1
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 224.3 mg
- Sodium 1532.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 51.1 g