This is a recipe I devised when I had a craving for an antipasto salad, but wanted a different spin on the dressing. Oh man, did I love the result. I served it during an outdoor bbq and it went over big! It's a simple salad with a big flavor. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 3⁄4 lb thick-sliced salami, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, cubed (Or, I like and use the bag of crumbled mozzarella)
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Hellmans here)
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (I prefer Classico here)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions - drain.
- Combine pesto and mayo, salt and pepper.
- Add the mayo mixture to the warm pasta.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, toss well.
- *I prefer serving this at room temperature (don't leave it out too long though, because of the mayo!) It's also good straight from the refrigerator.