1 hr 10 mins
My mom's recipe, it is LOVED by all! You can also add browned hamburger to the sauce to make it meatier!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Simmer the pasta sauce and sausage in a small saucepan on the lowest heat possible for simmering.
- 2In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 3While pasta is cooking, whip together ricotta, mushroom, egg, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- 4When pasta is done, drain.
- 5In a 9 by 9-ish deep casserole, spread about 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce/sausage mixture.
- 6Layer on half of the ziti.
- 7Put about 5 or 6 evenly spaced spoonfulls of ricotta on top of the ziti.
- 8put on half remaining sauce.
- 9Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella on the sauce.
- 10Layer on remaining ziti.
- 11Put remaining ricotta on as directed above.
- 12Put on the rest of the sauce, and top off with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 13Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, or until cheese is browned and casserole is heated through.
- 14Let stand a few minutes before serving, if you can!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for DELICIOUS baked ziti!
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.3
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 736.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: