Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's my favorite chicken salad recipe-it's awesome-filling, low fat and tastes great. Enjoy! (This is a big version, so you can cut it according to how much you want)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, Organic Free-Range (6)
- 5 ounces vermicelli (for diabetics, use low-carb rotini or penne pasta)
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 lb frozen spinach
- 1 lb peas
- 1 pint marinated artichoke
- 1⁄2 pint red bell pepper, chopped (1)
- 8 ounces pepperoni, sectioned into fours
- 1⁄2 medium red onion
- 1⁄2 pint parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 ounces vinaigrette, 1 bottle Brianna's French dressing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low sodium salt, and
- black pepper, to taste
- Sautè the chicken until done. Cut into cubes.
- Prepare vermicelli and vegetables per package instructions while chicken cooks.
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl, adding dressing, cheese, salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with red wine vinegar.
- Serve in salad bowls. Refrigerate remainder-it’s even better the next day, and keeps well for 4-5 days.