1 hr 35 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
From the Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook II. Preparation time includes standing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups tomato juice, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese or 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 1In large skillet, brown meat with and garlic.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Stir in 2 c tomato juice, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings.
- 4Simmer while preparing filling.
- 5In large bowl, combine 2 c mozzarell cheese, ricotta cheese, spinach, eggs and grated cheese.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Stuff dry pasta shells with cheese mixture.
- 8Arrange in a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- 9Spoon meat sauce evenly over shells.
- 10Pour remaining tomato juice on top.
- 11Cover with foil.
- 12Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 13Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- 14Remove from oven.
- 15Remove foil and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 16Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Don't-Cook-The-Pasta Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.3
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.4 mg
- Sodium 1281.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 38.5 g