1 hr 5 mins
Chef #1371326's Note:
Ready in about an hour, this baked penne dish is full of delcious ingredients (made with low-calorie/light options) that the whole family will love. I adapted this recipe from a recipe I found in a church cookbook.
My Private Note
9x11 ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box multi-grain penne pasta
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package of reduced fat provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat olive oil in large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, ground beef, oregano and red pepper in oil until tender.
- 3Add spaghetti sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4Mix ricotta cheese and sour cream together in separate bowl. Set aside.
- 5Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In the prepared dish, layer 1/2 of the cooked pasta, provolone cheese, sour cream/ricotta mix, and a little less than 1/2 of the meat mixture. Top with layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat, ending with remaining grated mozzarella.
- 6Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes, until cheese is slightly browned on top and pasta is bubbing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Penne
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 851.0
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.3 mg
- Sodium 1225.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 48.0 g