1/1 Photo of Easy Cheesy Chicken & Veggie Gnocchi Bake
This dish was born out of one those days when grocery shopping day was overdue and we had little in the house that I thought I could pull together as a meal. We had part of a left over store bought rotisserie chicken in the fridge along with odds and ends of veggies that had made it to the end of the week. So, I played it by ear and we ended up really enjoying the results. You could very easily leave out the chicken and make this a vegetarian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups leeks, quartered lengthwise and then chopped up
- 3/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
- 17 1/2 ounces gnocchi
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Put a pot of water on to boil for the gnocchi when it is time and preheat your broiler/grill.
- 2Heat a nonstick pan and add the oil.
- 3Put the leeks and carrots in with the oil and cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, for about five minutes or until the leeks have softened.
- 4By this time your water should be boiling. So, put the gnocchi in the water and cook according to package instructions. The brand I use only takes two minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, add the cooked chicken to the pan with the leeks and carrots and just stir through.
- 6Add the can of mushroom soup to the pan along with the garlic powder and parsley and stir to combine.
- 7Add the cooked and drained gnocchi and softly stir so the that gnocchi is coated in the other ingredients.
- 8Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- 9Sprinkle with the cheese and put under the broiler/grill until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 10Serve with a salad or green veggies.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Chicken & Veggie Gnocchi Bake
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 75.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
reduced-fat cheddar cheese