This is an quick version for when you don't want to use the oven. Especially good if you are only making one!
- 1 club size Italian rolls (about 5 inches long) or 1 French roll (about 5 inches long)
- 3 meatballs (leftover or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce (or leftover Spaghetti sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (you can also use sliced Provolone) or 1⁄4 cup pizza cheese (you can also use sliced Provolone)
- Slice roll as if making a sandwich but slice all the way through.
- Place each half of the roll in the toaster.
- While roll is toasting, heat up meatballs in sauce in the microwave.
- When roll is toasted to your liking, place both halves on a micro safe plate, cut side up.
- Spoon meatballs (I cut them in half) and sauce equally over each side and sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat in microwave for about 10 seconds or until cheese starts to melt.
- As neatly as possible put the sandwich together and press down slightly.
- Allow to cool for a couple minutes and enjoy.
There are so many times when being able to whip up a 5-10 minute meal is just what we are all after. For this one, all that’s needed is a little forward planning. And it's a recipe that creates virtually no dirty dishes either! A nice little added bonus! All you need are some meatballs in the fridge (or thawed, from the freezer), some tomato pasta or pizza sauce, your favourite crusty bread or rolls and cheese and any salad leaves you may want to add. I made my Easy Meatball Grinder on some beautifully crunchy baguette, using three of my Pork, Mushroom and Soy Sauce Meatballs Pork, Mushroom and Soy Sauce Meatballs, and for the sauce some of Evelyn's Fried Red Tomatoes Evelyn's Fried Red Tomatoes, which I always have containers of in the freezer for use in so many recipes. I added a slice of Havarti, half a dozen kalalmata olives and half a dozen baby spinach leaves, so I suppose mine was a Deluxe Easy Meatball Grinder. Just fabulous! Thanks, Karen=^..^=, for sharing this wonderfully simple idea for a super-easy, super-quick, super-delicious lunch. I’ll be making this again - often!