Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Kids love 'em!! (and husbands). from B H & G
Make and share this Easy Meatball Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 16 frozen cooked italian style meatballs, about 1 lb
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed large basil leaves or 1 cup spinach leaves
- Preheat Broiler.
- Combine meatballs and pizza sauce in a large saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes or til heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice from the top of each roll, hollow out roll leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick shell, Discard bread from rolls or save for another use.
- Place hollowed out rolls and roll tops, cut sides up, on baking sheet.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or till lightly toasted.
- Remove roll tops from the baking sheet.
- Spoon meatballs and sauce into toasted rolls.
- Top with cheese.
- Broil about 1 minute more or till cheese is melted.
- To serve, place basil or spinach leaves on top of cheese and replace roll tops.
This was a great, quick week-day meal. A little messy, we ended up eating ours with a fork but it was a hit and even reheated well the next day in the microwave.
This was great. Easy and terrific taste. My son had his without the spinach and I had mine with. I used meatballs that I had made and had frozen. Messy and yummy just like they should be! THANKS! We will be making these again.
A nice meal for those on the run or just want something quick. Make up a salad and you have a complete meal. Thanks~