Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and easy soup made with spinach, very healthy and tasty.
Make and share this Easy Stracciatella Italian Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked orzo pasta (very small pasta)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and well-drained)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese (parm or italian mix dry cheese such as Asiago, Romano, & Parm)
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot bring chicken broth to a boil on high heat.
- Stir in Orzo; cook approximately 10 minutes until tender but slightly firm.
- Stir in Spinach, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook approx 5 minutes.
- Add in beaten egg to soup stirring constantly.
- Immediatly serve in a large bowl or individual bowls, sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Quick, easy, and after making it once, had it memorized. Good for a meal, or a starter.
Used elbow macaroni instead of orzo and it still came out great! Also did 2 eggs instead of 1, and a little Italian seasoning.
Tastes like a much better version of Progresso's Italian Style Wedding soup, except without the mini chicken meatballs.
MMMM - just like Grandma used to make! I couldn't find a 16 oz. package of spinach, so I had to use 20 oz. I did not drain it, though. I also used 2 eggs and low-sodium chicken broth, as well as plenty of parmesan cheese. This couldn't be easier, and just tastes so comforting and healthy! Thanks for sharing this recipe that I will be making often!