1/1 Photo of Easy Tomato Sauce with no peeling
2 hrs 20 mins
Based on a TV cooking show-I forget which one. A great way to use all the tomatoes that attack from your garden at the end of the summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core and chop tomatoes into chunks (If using cherry tomatoes-halve, romas-halve) and toss into pot on the stove as you go.
- 2Add garlic and seasoning.
- 3Simmer 1-2 hours, occasionally pressing tomatoes against side of pan with wooden spoon.
- 4Add brown sugar to taste.
- 5Add tomato paste (if using) to thicken.
- 6Can be made in a crockpot-cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on amount.
- 7Cool and freeze for summer taste in winter.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tomato Sauce with no peeling
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: