Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A super easy weeknight meal that tastes like fattening comfort food, but is actually quite healthy. Also very adaptable.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce in a saucepan over low to low-medium heat.
- Blend tofu, soy milk, and nutritional yeast in blender or food processor until smooth. You may also add about a tablespoon of olive oil or additional soy milk, until the consistency is like thick alfredo sauce.
- Add tofu mixture to the saucepan with the marinara sauce. Stir in vinegar or vodka. Add salt and pepper and any other seasonings you like, to taste. Continue to simmer over low heat until pasta is ready.
- Toss with drained pasta and enjoy!
- Serving suggestions: add sauteed veggies or your favorite meat subsitutes; top with freshly ground black pepper, nutritional yeast, or your favorite vegan cheese.
We all loved it. I didn't even tell my non-veg husband and kids that it was made with tofu because they would have been suspicious. The taste is like a creamy pink sauce but lighter. I used 1 lb. of silken lite tofu and added a bit more vinegar that called for. Served it over ziti with a nice big salad. Thanks Prose. This is sure to become a staple!!
Maybe not outstanding, IMO, but definitely quite tasty and satisfying. Good way to work a little more protein into your pasta! And my little brother liked it, which is always a plus. Thanks!
Surprisingly good! I tried it because it was so easy and nutritious, but was surprised at how tasty it was. Used low-fat tofu and a Classico marinara in the jar. My immersion blender worked perfectly for blending the tofu mixture. I used the vodka, and penne instead of spaghetti = Penne with Vodka Sauce. Thank you for sharing, Prose!