1/1 Photo of Easy White Clam Sauce (With a Kick)!
A very spicy and garlicky but easy white clam (or any shellfish) sauce for pasta, but obviously the spice level can be altered. Even "toned down", it's absolutely delicious! Serve it with a crusty baguette and a salad - yum yum yum... and so, so easy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (4 ounce) cans minced clams, drained, liquid reserved
- 4 -10 garlic cloves, minced (to taste)
- 1 large onion, chopped big
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint whipping cream
- hot pepper flakes (to taste, I use 2 Tbsp, you probably want less)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- pasta, of your choice cooked al dente
- shredded fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add onions and chile pepper flakes, and sweat until onion is soft (do not brown).
- 2Add garlic and parsley and saute for another minute or two, until garlic aroma is apparent.
- 3Add reserved clam juice, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 4Add whipping cream and simmer over low heat until hot, but do not let come to a boil.
- 5Add drained clams and heat until warm. Do not overcook at this point or your clams will get tough and rubbery - cook just until until well heated.
- 6Serve over pasta and top with shredded parmesan. Asiago works as well!
- 7Enjoy with your crusty bread dipped in the juice!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy White Clam Sauce (With a Kick)!
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1292.5
- Calories from Fat 1005
- Total Fat 111.7 g
- Saturated Fat 57.9 g
- Cholesterol 439.9 mg
- Sodium 285.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 49.4 g