1/7 Photos of Egg Sandwich
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
When Friday morning rolls around we on the farm rejoice -- and although for us this isn't the end of the week, (our Saturdays are really busy) there is a certain celebratory aura that overtakes us. This egg sandwich was the brain child of Giada De Laurentiis but adapted for fast paced life here on the farm. I often make my own sauce from the summer tomatoes, but please use any sauce you have on hand. So with a full stomach Dennis heads out the door to face the day, when he gets home later on the day, we have a Saturday to go through. Awwww.....life is good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat marinara sauce in microwave until warmed, or heat in sauce pot until warmed.
- 2Drain sauce, in paper toweled colander to get extra juice out of sauce. Set aside.
- 3In a heavy small skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil.
- 4Gently crack each egg into warmed skillet.
- 5Add dash of salt and pepper.
- 6Cover skillet and cook until the whites are cooked.
- 7Toast muffins and while still warm, rub the garlic on muffin and add Parmesan cheese.
- 8Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce as desired.
- 9Place cooked egg carefully atop the sauce covered toasted English Muffin.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 213.7 mg
- Sodium 418.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.2 g