When Friday morning rolls around we on the farm rejoice -- and although for us this isn't the end of the week, (our Saturdays are really busy) there is a certain celebratory aura that overtakes us. This egg sandwich was the brain child of Giada De Laurentiis but adapted for fast paced life here on the farm. I often make my own sauce from the summer tomatoes, but please use any sauce you have on hand. So with a full stomach Dennis heads out the door to face the day, when he gets home later on the day, we have a Saturday to go through. Awwww.....life is good.
- Heat marinara sauce in microwave until warmed, or heat in sauce pot until warmed.
- Drain sauce, in paper toweled colander to get extra juice out of sauce. Set aside.
- In a heavy small skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil.
- Gently crack each egg into warmed skillet.
- Add dash of salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet and cook until the whites are cooked.
- Toast muffins and while still warm, rub the garlic on muffin and add Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce as desired.
- Place cooked egg carefully atop the sauce covered toasted English Muffin.
- Serve immediately.