An easy vegetarian main dish. My mom's recipe.
Make and share this Eggplant Parmigiana recipe from Food.com.
- Slice eggplant.
- Lightly salt and pepper each slice.
- Dip each in bread crumbs, coating both sides.
- Dip each in whisked egg and then again in bread crumbs, coating both sides.
- Fry in 1/8 inch of oil until tender, turning once.
- Layer in 2 quart baking dish.
- Saute onions and peppers; add to eggplant.
- Combine tomato and spices in skillet or sauce pan, heating through.
- Pour sauce over vegetables.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in 350F oven 20-30 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.