From the book "Cooks Library: Pasta & Italian" which I got off of Freecycle.org from a lady moving to India.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the eggplant slices in a colander or on a plate and sprinkle liberally with salt. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to extract the bitter juices. Turn the slices over and repeat. Rinse thoroughly under cold running water and drain on paper towels.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the garlic. Add the eggplant slices a few at a time and pan-fry lightly on both sides over medium heat. Drain them on paper towels.
- 3Spread the pesto on one side of the eggplant slices. Top with the grated mozzarella and sprinkle with the torn basil leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roll up the slices and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 4Lightly brush an ovenproof dish with a little olive oil and arrange the eggplant rolls in it. Place in a preheated oven, 350 degrees F, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- 5Transfer the eggplant rolls to a warmed serving plate. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: