1/1 Photo of Espresso Marbled Panna Cotta
This is from Donna Hay's Autumn Issue 2 (from about 2001 I think). I added more vanilla (you can reduce this to half if you only like a slight vanilla taste) and used raw sugar (not as sweet). I have made this with raspberries as well (see separate recipe). Looks great in a clear glass so you can see the pretty marbled effect (and no messy unmoulding!) Time doesn't include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Espresso syrup - Put coffee & raw sugar in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Simmer 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Set aside to cool totally.
- 3Panna Cotta - Put cream, powdered sugar & vanilla bean in a saucepan over low heat & simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by approximately one third. Remove from the heat.
- 4Put gelatine in a bowl, cover with the milk & stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir into cream mixture and simmer for 1 minute longer.
- 6Remove vanilla bean & allow mixture to cool.
- 7Drizzle the coffee syrup over the inside of 4 clear glass moulds/ramekins/glasses.
- 8Fill immediately with cooled panna cotta mixture. Cover & refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Espresso Marbled Panna Cotta
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: