This is from Donna Hay's Autumn Issue 2 (from about 2001 I think). I added more vanilla (you can reduce this to half if you only like a slight vanilla taste) and used raw sugar (not as sweet). I have made this with raspberries as well (see separate recipe). Looks great in a clear glass so you can see the pretty marbled effect (and no messy unmoulding!) Time doesn't include refrigeration time.
- Espresso syrup - Put coffee & raw sugar in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Set aside to cool totally.
- Panna Cotta - Put cream, powdered sugar & vanilla bean in a saucepan over low heat & simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by approximately one third. Remove from the heat.
- Put gelatine in a bowl, cover with the milk & stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir into cream mixture and simmer for 1 minute longer.
- Remove vanilla bean & allow mixture to cool.
- Drizzle the coffee syrup over the inside of 4 clear glass moulds/ramekins/glasses.
- Fill immediately with cooled panna cotta mixture. Cover & refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm.
Great recipe for panna cotta!
Yummy! This is so good. I made it exactly as stated. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
Yum! I made this for hubby who is a coffee lover and he really enjoyed it. At the same time I made Marbled Berry Panna Cotta for Little Miss (DD), which uses the same Panna Cotta mixture, so the whole family was happy. Kept to the recipe except used lactose free milk, cream and vegan gelatine. Thank you LittleKiwiChook - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*