1/1 Photo of Farmhouse Manicotti With Optional Meat Sauce
Seems kinda pointless to me, to go to all the trouble of making & stuffing the 'cotti's and then NOT have meat in the sauce. So I adjusted this found recipe from *Grandma's Kitchen* recipe cards, to include ground beef in the sauce. No complaints from the Peanut Gallery--and they're SO discerning an audience!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large manicotti, cooked, rinsed, drained
- 1 lb ground beef (or venison combination)
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1Cook, rinse & drain manicotti as per package directions.
- 2While that is cooking, brown the meat in a medium frying pan; rinse & drain for low-fat applications!
- 3Preheat oven to 350; grease 13x9 pan; set aside.
- 4Mix meat and spaghetti sauce; spoon 3 cups of sauce into bottom of greased pan; set aside.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine THREE cups mozzarella with ricotta and basil.
- 6Spoon mixture into a ziplock bag, cut off one corner, squeeze into pasta shells; lay finished shells into sauce in pan.
- 7After all shells have been filled and nestled cutely together, pour remaining sauce over shells.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes; sprinkle with parmesan; bake for 10 more minutes.
- 10Serve immediately. Yum!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Manicotti With Optional Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.2
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 159.5 mg
- Sodium 1516.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: