1/2 Photos of Farro Salad
This refreshingly sweet salad is a tasty culinary delight. Yes you can use barley in place of the farro. But try to get it. It is so chewy and yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1In a pot with the hot water seasoned with salt, add farro. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir together dressing ingredients.
- 3Add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss.
- 4When farro is tender, remove from heat; rinse in cool water and drain. Add drained farro to salad ingredients.
- 5Tasty as is or chill and let flavors come together.
- 6Season with additional herbs, salt and pepper if needed.
- 7Garnish with fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farro Salad
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.3
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 74.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: