1/4 Photos of Farro Salad - a Grain That so Deserves a Try!
This salad is chewy, crunchy, sweet, salty and most of all addictive! Farro, a Mediterranean grain, is naturally high in fiber, and contains more protein than wheat. So enjoy it!
My Private Note
cup ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup minced zucchini
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted rough chopped
- 1 ounce shredded pecorino romano cheese
- 1In a pot with the hot water seasoned with salt, add farro. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir together dressing ingredients.
- 3Add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss.
- 4When farro is tender, remove from heat; rinse in cool water and drain. Add drained farro to salad ingredients.
- 5Chill and let flavors come together.
- 6Season with additional herbs, salt and pepper if needed.
- 7Garnish with grated cheese if desired.
- 8"Mangia! Mangia!".
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farro Salad - a Grain That so Deserves a Try!
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 47.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: