1/2 Photos of Fettuccine Carbonara
This is an excellent recipe for an intimate dinner for 4. Serve with salad and wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (NOT that Kraft Stuff)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine (or fresh fettucini(Pasta dough #1)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb sliced button mushrooms or 1/2 lb porcinni mushroom
- 1/2 cup light cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat a large pot of salted water on high and begin to cook pasta if it's dry.
- 2If it's fresh wait until after youve prepared the sauce as it will only take 3 minutes to cook.
- 3Beat together the eggs, parmesan cheese and parsley until eggs are blended well.
- 4Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the butter.
- 5Saute the garlic and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Add the cream and heat through.
- 7Drain the pasta and return to pot immediately.
- 8Add the mushroom and egg mixture, tossing for 2 minutes.
- 9Season with salt and pepper, serve at once.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.7
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 393.2 mg
- Sodium 544.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 32.3 g