This is an excellent recipe for an intimate dinner for 4. Serve with salad and wine.
Make and share this Fettuccine Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (NOT that Kraft Stuff)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine (or fresh fettucini(Pasta dough #1)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced button mushrooms or 1⁄2 lb porcinni mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large pot of salted water on high and begin to cook pasta if it's dry.
- If it's fresh wait until after youve prepared the sauce as it will only take 3 minutes to cook.
- Beat together the eggs, parmesan cheese and parsley until eggs are blended well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the butter.
- Saute the garlic and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cream and heat through.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot immediately.
- Add the mushroom and egg mixture, tossing for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve at once.
Wonderful change from the normal carbonaras I have had in the past!! I had some leftover cooked fettuccine in my refrigerator from a previous recipe that I made too much of the pasta, so very quick to make lunch today. Other then scaling this way back to serve one (using one egg), after I took the photo, I added cooked bacon crumbles. Thanks for sharing a fun new twist, which I much prefer the mushrooms over the normal peas, that I will make again. Made for CQ 2014.
wowser this good made with paula g chimichurri bread awesome combocakepops on parade italian leg of quest
I made this recipe this afternoon. The taste was good and it get even better after had been refrigerated and reheated by microwave. I love mushroom and will put more next time.