Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an excellent recipe for an intimate dinner for 4. Serve with salad and wine.
Make and share this Fettuccine Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (NOT that Kraft Stuff)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine (or fresh fettucini(Pasta dough #1)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced button mushrooms or 1⁄2 lb porcinni mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large pot of salted water on high and begin to cook pasta if it's dry.
- If it's fresh wait until after youve prepared the sauce as it will only take 3 minutes to cook.
- Beat together the eggs, parmesan cheese and parsley until eggs are blended well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the butter.
- Saute the garlic and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cream and heat through.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot immediately.
- Add the mushroom and egg mixture, tossing for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve at once.
Wonderful change from the normal carbonaras I have had in the past!! I had some leftover cooked fettuccine in my refrigerator from a previous recipe that I made too much of the pasta, so very quick to make lunch today. Other then scaling this way back to serve one (using one egg), after I took the photo, I added cooked bacon crumbles. Thanks for sharing a fun new twist, which I much prefer the mushrooms over the normal peas, that I will make again. Made for CQ 2014.
wowser this good made with paula g chimichurri bread awesome combocakepops on parade italian leg of quest
I made this recipe this afternoon. The taste was good and it get even better after had been refrigerated and reheated by microwave. I love mushroom and will put more next time.