1/5 Photos of Florentine Rolls
Al Al's Note:
These are SO yummy with spaghetti, or as an accompaniment to a soup like minestrone for a light meal. They take a little more time than I usually like to for a side, but they are well worth it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough (I have used both whole wheat dough and crescent rolls with great results!)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Grease 12 muffin cups and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoons oil and cook green onions and garlic until tender.
- 3Add spinach and basil; cook and stir over medium heat until just wilted. Drain off excess liquid. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside to cool.
- 4On a well-floured surface, unroll pizza dough and shape into a 12x8 rectangle. Brush surface of dough with remaining olive oil. Spread spinach mixture to within one inch of the edges of the dough. Sprinkle with feta and pine nuts.
- 5Starting with a long side, roll into a spiral. Slice roll into 12 pieces and place cut-side up in prepared muffin cups. Brush with butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand in muffin cups for 2 minutes. Remove carefully and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Florentine Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 182.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: