1/3 Photos of Focaccia Bread Herbed With Black Olive & Fresh Rosemary
Try it with Sun dried tomatoes instead of the olives. Have a dish of first press extra virgin olive oil, season it with pepper. Dip away!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small potato, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package fast rising yeast
- 1 1/3 cups warm potato water (more or less)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 2 tablespoons freshly snipped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- sea salt
- 1Cover potato with cold water in medium saucepan.
- 2Simmer until potato is tender.
- 3Drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- 4Mash potato.
- 5Meanwhile, sprinkle yeast over 1/2 cup warm (NOT HOT) potato water with dissolved 1 tablespoon sugar in small bowl, mix together.
- 6Let stand until the yeast begins to act, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add 2 tablespoons of the oil to the yeast mixture.
- 8In a food processor add together the flours, potato and salt.
- 9Pulse 4 times.
- 10With the machine running slowly pour through feed tube the yeast mixture.
- 11Adding rest of water to make a ball of dough in the machine.
- 12(Be careful not to over add the water) Use only enough water so the dough comes into a ball and away from sides of bowl.
- 13Knead for 1 minute in food processor.
- 14Turn out on a floured surface, and knead just until smooth.
- 15Keep the dough soft.
- 16Pour 1/2 teaspoon of the oil into a clean bowl.
- 17Place the dough in the bowl, turning once to oil the top.
- 19Let rise until doubled, 30 to 45 minutes.
- 20Punch the dough down.
- 21Use 1 teaspoon of the oil to coat a baking sheet, and place the dough on the baking sheet.
- 22Gently press the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 23Pour the remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons oil over the top of the dough.
- 24Use your knuckle to dimple the dough at 1-1/2 inch intervals.
- 25Sprinkle with the rosemary, black olives and the cheese.
- 26Place in a cold oven on the center shelf.
- 27Place a flat pan of hot water on the shelf below the bread.
- 28Let rise until doubled, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 29Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- 30Turn on the oven to 375°F.
- 31Bake the focaccia for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned on top.
- 32Remove from the pan, and cool on a wire rack.
- 33Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia Bread Herbed With Black Olive & Fresh Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1949.4
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4797.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 333.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: