Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Prosecco and Strawberries: Delightful, Refreshing & DELICIOUS! Simply a MUST for the Strawberry Lover! A Skinny Guinea Cooks and Tastes All Things Italian, by Erica De Mane. Erica De Mane is a chef and food writer who specializes in Southern Italian cooking. To read the complete article on this wonderfully delightful cocktail go to: http://ericademane.com/2008/08/21/prosecco-and-strawberries-a-new-cocktail/
- 1 pint tristar strawberry, hulled, plus 5 nice looking strawberries left whole for garnish (or another late-summer variety)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, if needed, to taste
- 5 teaspoons limoncello, chilled (or a little more to taste)
- 750 ml brut prosecco, chilled
- THE STRAWBERRY PUREE.
- Put the hulled strawberries in a food processor along with about 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Purée until very smooth, and pour through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Taste the purée, If you’d like it sweeter, add a little sugar.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Chill five champagne flutes.
- THE COCKTAIL.
- Add 1½ tablespoons of strawberry purée to each glass.
- Add a teaspoon (or a little more to taste) of limoncello to each one, and then fill the glass with the prosecco.
- Garnish each drink with a strawberry and serve right away.