Fragolo is a very sweet Italian strawberry liqueur that is a great digestivo or after dinner drink. The liqueur not only tastes great but is a beautiful feast for the eyes. Very easy recipe...the hardest part is waiting 7 months for it to macerate. Be sure to shake it when you peek in on its progress. Pour it in an elegant bottle and seal with wax and give as a gift. Hopefully, your friend will share. A tablespoon in a pie crust or added to strawberry pie has phenomenal results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse strawberries and hull.
- 2Place in a 2 Quart jar with tight fitting lid. Add the remaining ingredients, seal, and steep for a month in a dark place. Gently shake them once or twice a day during this period.
- 3After one month, pour the liqueur through a wire mesh strainer and into a bowl. Let the strawberries drain well. Strain again using a coffee filter or paper filter and then transfer the liqueur into a clear glass bottle.
- 4Cork the bottle, let it set for about 7 months.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragolo -- Fragola -- Fragoli Liqueur (Strawberry Liqueur)
Serving Size: 1 (809 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1463.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 376.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 365.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: