1/1 Photo of Frank Sinatra's Sausage and Green Peppers
1 hr 10 mins
Put on some of "Old Blue Eye's" albums while you prepare this...sip some vino as the dish bakes. Serve with crusty garlic bread, pasta, and more red wine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Remove stems and seeds from the green peppers and cut into large chunks.
- 3In an ovenproof baking dish that can also be used on top of the stove, saute green peppers in the olive oil until they begin to soften.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Remove green peppers and set aside.
- 6Brown sausage in the same dish, breaking up with a spoon.
- 7When sausage is browned, add the red wine.
- 8Cover with foil and bake about 40 minutes.
- 9Uncover baking dish and add sauted green peppers.
- 10Bake an additional 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frank Sinatra's Sausage and Green Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.4
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1373.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 22.4 g