Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sauce to toss wih pasta. Or to use in any recipe that calls for pesto.
Make and share this Fresh Basil Parsley Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in food processor.
- Cover and puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate for several weeks, or freeze for 6 months.
- Toss with hot pasta.
This was very yummy even without pinenuts. It is an especially great alternative to those who have nut allergies.
This was very yummy - I did add the pine nuts, based on other review. Liked having both basil and parsley b/c this was a poor year for basil in my area.
The parsley lovers among us appreciated this a bit more than the basil lovers. I missed my pine nuts.