1/2 Photos of Fresh Tomato, Olive, Artichoke
My daughter works at an Italian restaurant and brought home something similar to this. We experimented and here it is. I love the fact that this doesn't need to be cooked--it's so fresh! The better your tomatoes are, the better this will be. I like to use grape tomatoes or roma. Please feel free to adjust any ingredient amounts to your taste. I love the capers in this and will usually add more, and 1/4 C oil is plenty for me. Cook time is for your pasta. (You can add very thin slivers of sweet or red onion, though I haven't tried it).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, chopped small
- 1 cup artichoke heart, chopped small
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (I like to snip it with kitchen shears right into the measuring cup)
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, more to taste
- 3 -5 dashes Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- salt & pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1Mix all ingredients, taste, and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- 2Put aside to let flavors blend (not in frig!) while you cook up your pasta.
- 3Angel hair works best for this.
- 4I would use 8 oz, but then I like LOTS of flavor so for some 16 oz of pasta may be fine.
- 5When pasta is done, drain, then immediately toss with tomato mixture.
- 6Add more oil if needed.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato, Olive, Artichoke
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 536.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: