Prep1 hr 10 mins
Great appetizer and popular with both children and adults.
Make and share this Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into sticks (approximately 3*1/2*1/2-inches).
- Place flour in one bowl, the egg in another bowl and the bread crumbs and oregano in another bowl.
- Dredge each piece of cheese into flour to coat.
- Dip floured cheese stick into egg, then dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Place on a plate in a single layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil or shortening, 1/2-inch deep to 350°F.
- Fry mozzarella sticks a few pieces at a time until browned on all sides (about 3 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges or marinara sauce for dipping.
- ~NOTE~ Preparation time includes 1 hour refrigeration time.
LOOOOVE it!! I was surprised how easy it was. I stuck the sliced cheese into the freezer to let it harden up before I put the breading on. Trust me, this did not last 5 minutes after it was put on the kitchen table.