1/1 Photo of Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
Great appetizer and popular with both children and adults.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut mozzarella cheese into sticks (approximately 3*1/2*1/2-inches).
- 2Place flour in one bowl, the egg in another bowl and the bread crumbs and oregano in another bowl.
- 3Dredge each piece of cheese into flour to coat.
- 4Dip floured cheese stick into egg, then dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- 5Place on a plate in a single layer.
- 6Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 7In a large skillet, heat olive oil or shortening, 1/2-inch deep to 350°F.
- 8Fry mozzarella sticks a few pieces at a time until browned on all sides (about 3 minutes).
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10Serve hot with lemon wedges or marinara sauce for dipping.
- 11~NOTE~ Preparation time includes 1 hour refrigeration time.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 717.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 21.0 g