Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This recipe comes from Coup de Pouce, issue February 2008. I'm posting it for ZWT 4 Italy.
Make and share this Frittata With Ham and Roasted Pepper recipe from Food.com.
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup crouton
- 1⁄4 cup ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fontina or 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped (green part only)
- In a bowl, with a whisk, whisk eggs, milk and Dijon mustard. Add croutons, ham and half the cheese, half bell peppers and half green onions. Pour the mixture of eggs in a greased pie plate of 9 inches or an 8 inches greased square pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, bell pepper and green onion.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 350 F for about 20 minutes or until the frittata is golden and the eggs are set. Keep cooking under the preheated grill for about 2 minutes or until frittata is golden and is lightly puffed. Put the pan on a rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to loosen the edges from the pan and cut in wedges.
Perfect combination, liked the stronger provolone cheese in this proportion, and the green onion accented the roasted red pepper and ham. The croutons added textural contrast. We two had no problem polishing off the entire recipe, and looked for more! Thanks for posting this recipe, Boomette. Made for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef.
this was a fabulous lunch! i had to sub gouda as the cheese, but it was delicious. cut the recipe in two and put it in a mini casserole, it puffed up like a souffle
I am an innkeeper for a B&B in Luray, Virginia and was looking for something to serve family style to go along with a Blueberry Capote that I was serving - this was the perfect addition! The roasted red peppers and provolone caught my eye and it was LOVE! Thanks!