These are excellent biscotti's made with whole wheat flour and various fruits. Makes a great snack or breakfast snack. These are another must at my house during the holidays.Makes a great gift.
- Place nuts in a shallow pan and bake 325 degree oven 8 to 10 minutes, let cool.
- Cream butter and sugar;Add eggs and vanilla.
- In bowl combine flour,baking powder,salt and spices;Add to creamed mixture,mix well.
- Add chopped nuts and fold in fruit.
- Make into loaves 1/2 inch high and 2 inches wide.
- Bake in 325 degree oven,25 minutes or light brown.
- Cool 5 minutes,with a serrated knife slice diagonally at 45 degree angle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay slices on side, bake 10 minutes or longer to dry slightly; Let cool on rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container.