I think store bought frozen meatballs taste like you're eating sponges with sauce on top. So here is my basic meatball that will go with any sauce you want to cover them in. Very moist and flavorful.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree farenheit.
- In a saute pan heat the oil then add the mushrooms and onions. Saute until onions are very tender. Then let cool.
- When onions and mushrooms are cool almost to room temperature put them in a deep cup and use a stick blender to puree them into a fine paste. Or you could use your regular blender or even a food processor for this.
- In a large bowl mix the 3 meats thoroughly, when combined add remaining ingredients, including the onion mushroom paste.
- Mix until well combined (I use my hands for this part).
- Shape into 1 to 1 1/2 inch size balls and line them up on an ungreased baking sheet. (It's ok for them to be almost touching).
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- This will usually be enough for me to use half of them for a spaghetti meal to serve 6-8, and to put the other half in the freezer for a quick meal another time.