1/2 Photos of Full of Flavor Oven Meatballs
I think store bought frozen meatballs taste like you're eating sponges with sauce on top. So here is my basic meatball that will go with any sauce you want to cover them in. Very moist and flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degree farenheit.
- 2In a saute pan heat the oil then add the mushrooms and onions. Saute until onions are very tender. Then let cool.
- 3When onions and mushrooms are cool almost to room temperature put them in a deep cup and use a stick blender to puree them into a fine paste. Or you could use your regular blender or even a food processor for this.
- 4In a large bowl mix the 3 meats thoroughly, when combined add remaining ingredients, including the onion mushroom paste.
- 5Mix until well combined (I use my hands for this part).
- 6Shape into 1 to 1 1/2 inch size balls and line them up on an ungreased baking sheet. (It's ok for them to be almost touching).
- 7Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- 8This will usually be enough for me to use half of them for a spaghetti meal to serve 6-8, and to put the other half in the freezer for a quick meal another time.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Full of Flavor Oven Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.4
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 99.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen chopped onions