Oh this is so good!!! I have been making this recipe since 2003 from some magazine or other. I just love the olives and raisins together. Have always gotten many compliments from this simple yet delicious salad. Enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups golden raisins
- 8 ounces fusilli or 8 ounces corkscrew macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups Greek olives, pitted and quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, snipped
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced or 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In small saucepan, heat the wine over medium heat just till warm. Add raisins and remove from heat. Let stand 15-30 minutes to plump; drain reserving wine. Set both aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water; drain again.
- In large serving bowl, toss together cooled, pasta, raisins and olives.
- In jar, combine reserved wine, olive oil, lemon juice, basil, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and shake well to mix. Pour over pasta, toss to coat. Cover and chill salad for 3-24 hours. Before serving add nuts and toss.