Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of our favorites.
Make and share this Garlic Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add whipping cream and salt and return to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Mix water and cornstarch and add to sauce. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Serve over rice.
This was an easy and delicious sauce that I poured over cheese filled tortellini, asparagus, crumbled bacon, and julliened ham--one of my favorite dinners!!
This is so good but what else is a garlic addict going to say. I made half of this recipe and used it on leftover rice. It would be very good over egg noodles or even spaghetti. The only thing different I'd do is use just a little more cornstarch, not much. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game