Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a result of combining roasted vegetables with a basic garlic pasta recipe and then adding black olives and marinated feta. It's really great! You can change the roasted vege selection to whatever is in season at the time and add more or less of anything that you like, you can't go wrong - just think of it as 2 meals combines into one with feta and olives to boot! If you don't have fettuccine, or prefer another style of pasta, use that.
- Firstly roast the vegetables - cut them all to chunky sizes, approx 1.5 inch cubes and toss with a splash of olive. Keep the tomatoes and mushrooms together as these need the least time to cook. Cook the tomatoes and mushrooms at 200c for approx 15mins, until the tomato skin has started shrinking and remove before the mushrooms totally shrink, you want them to be juicy. Cook the other vegetables for approx 35mins total at 200c or until softened and browned. At 20mins you might want to give them a shake up and turn some bigger pieces to help brown both sides.
- Bring 8 cups of salted water to the boil and add the fettuccine - cook for 8-10mins. Don't overcook. Drain once done.
- While the fettuccine is cooking, heat the oil but not to smoking point. Add the garlic and cook until it starts turning golden but do not brown or burn the garlic. If it does burn you'll need to start this part again as burnt garlic will spoil the meal. Once done remove from heat.
- Drain the fettuccine and add the garlic oil, chopped parsley, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- After the fettuccine is mixed with the oil and parsley, add the roasted vegetables and mix thoroughly while trying to keep the vegetables and pasta from breaking up.
- Serve hot with grated Parmesan on top.