This is always a hit if I have dinner guests who like shrimp. It's simple, but with a wonderful taste -- another great recipe from Canadian Living. I typically serve it with fresh bread, small steaks, salad, and I'll do roast potatoes if I have a guest who I know doesn't like seafood. Note: if you don't have the steaks, expect this to only serve 4; it's that good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Because this recipe is simple, it all depends on quality; don't skimp on any of the ingredients-- use good quality extra-virgin olive oil, fresh shrimp, fresh parsley, etc.
- 2And, yes, you read it right-- 14 cloves of garlic.
- 3Also note that you're not going to actually consume all that olive oil, a lot of it will pool into the bottom of the serving bowl-- of course, if you want to sop that lovely garlicky oil up with fresh bread, who am I to stop you!
- 4First, have everything ready-- shrimp peeled, parsley and garlic chopped, etc.
- 5Next, put a LARGE pot of water on, add about 2 tbsp salt to it, and get it on the heat to boil.
- 6Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over low heat and cook the garlic, salt and pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until the garlic is golden, but NOT browned.
- 7Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp; stirfry for about 3 minutes or until the shrimp have turned a light pink; don't overcook or the shrimp will be tough.
- 8Meanwhile, your spaghetti should be cooked al dente; drain it well then return to the pot.
- 9Pour the shrimp mixture over the cooked spaghetti, add the chopped parsley, and toss well.
- 10Serve immediately in a large, pre-warmed, shallow serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1530.7
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 345.6 mg
- Sodium 1518.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 165.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 75.0 g