Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this one day when my husband refused to eat bottled dressing any longer. We are huge salad fans and this dressing is now the house favorite. This also doubles for a nice marinade on chicken breasts or pork tenderloin.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 -6 garlic cloves
- 1 slice vidalia onion, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine (optional)
- Chop Garlic& Onion in a"Handy Chooper" if you have one or use a Food Processor.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper, oregano, parsley, basil, parmesan, and mix well.
- (If using the red wine, add it at this time.) Serve over a nice spring salad mix or some baby spinach greens with sliced tomato and parmesan.
Excellent recipe. I used double the amount of vinegar, using wine vinegar, and only used about half of the Italian spices. Be sure to add the red wine for this dressing.
I love garlic, but I thought there was too much in this recipe. I also didn't think 2 tbs of vinegar was the right proportion for a cup of olive oil...
Delicious!!! Thank you for sharing. -Carol