Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the epicurious website. It was originally in the October 1991 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. I made some modifications for my own tastes and was pretty pleased with the result. You could probably increase or decrease the topping ingredients for your own personal preferences. If you really like garlic use up to 4 cloves or maybe 2 Japanese eggplants. Enjoy!
- 1 medium Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1 boboli thin pizza crust
- 2 large roma tomatoes, sliced
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat broiler.
- Place thinly sliced eggplant slices on a large baking sheet and brush both sides with the olive oil.
- Broil until eggplant starts to brown, turn over slices and broil again. Takes about 6-8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Turn the oven down to 450 degrees.
- Place the boboli crust on a large baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Sprinkle the 1 cup of shredded mozzarella on the crust. Top with eggplant slices, sliced tomatoes, goat cheese, garlic slices and fresh basil. Place sliced mozzarella on top.
- Bake until cheese melts and the edges brown. About 12-15 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve!
Loved it! My crust package contained two crusts and DH asked when we were making the other one this way! Soon, I said as its really flavorful summery pizza.
We enjoyed the combination of cheeses & toppings on this pizza. The sliced garlic is especially nice! We used a Pillsbury pizza crust, and baked at 425 deg F as the pkg directed, giving it a few extra minutes to brown the edges. Keep an eye on the eggplant while broiling it - a couple of slices got overdone on us. Thanks! ~Sue
This made a very nice dinner. I used a small boboli and enjoyed the cheeses and basil along with the eggplant. Thanks! Made for the Ausse Swap, October 2008.