1/3 Photos of Garlicky Eggplant, Tomato and Basil Bobolis
I found this recipe on the epicurious website. It was originally in the October 1991 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. I made some modifications for my own tastes and was pretty pleased with the result. You could probably increase or decrease the topping ingredients for your own personal preferences. If you really like garlic use up to 4 cloves or maybe 2 Japanese eggplants. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1 boboli thin pizza crust
- 2 large roma tomatoes, sliced
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Place thinly sliced eggplant slices on a large baking sheet and brush both sides with the olive oil.
- 3Broil until eggplant starts to brown, turn over slices and broil again. Takes about 6-8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 4Turn the oven down to 450 degrees.
- 5Place the boboli crust on a large baking sheet or pizza stone.
- 6Sprinkle the 1 cup of shredded mozzarella on the crust. Top with eggplant slices, sliced tomatoes, goat cheese, garlic slices and fresh basil. Place sliced mozzarella on top.
- 7Bake until cheese melts and the edges brown. About 12-15 minutes.
- 8Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Eggplant, Tomato and Basil Bobolis
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.6
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 122.6 mg
- Sodium 936.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 38.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
thin pizza crust