I first found this in Fine Cooking Magazine and adapted it for my family. It's one of the few times I will be ready-made tortellini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 9 ounces fresh cheese tortellini or 9 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 10 ounces spinach, washed and stemmed,coarsely chopped
- 8 -10 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic and onion and saute until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken broth and water; bring to a boil.
- 4Add the tortellini and cook halfway, about 5 minutes for frozen pasta, less if using fresh.
- 5Add the tomatoes and their liquid, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook just until the pasta is tender, about 4 minutes.
- 6Stir in the spinach and basil and cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, whisk together the egg, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- 8Drizzle into the soup and cook, stirring about 3 minutes more.
- 9Remove from heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Tortellini, Spinach and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 474.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: