2 hrs 25 mins
I made this today at the recommendation of smn at CT. Really lovely. Slightly adapted by adding an extra egg and some flour to the batter to thicken it up a a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended ( Nutella)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Tightly wrap the outside of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil. Finely grind the almonds, cracker crumbs, and sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and process until moist crumbs form. Press the almond mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan (not on the sides of the pan). Bake the crust until it is set and beginning to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool. Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- 3For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 4Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan. Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake until the center of the cheesecake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour 5 minutes (the cake will become firm when it is cold). Transfer the cake to a rack; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- 5For the topping: Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave until warm, stirring every 20 seconds to blend, about 1 minute.
- 6Cut the cake into wedges. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giada De Laurentiis Mascarpone Cheesecake With Almond Crust
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.7
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 139.0 mg
- Sodium 176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: