1/7 Photos of Gingersnap Biscotti
Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
These are easy, crisp and lovely to have with coffee or tea. I usually make them at Christmas. *On a side note: this Christmas 2006, I exchanged the 3/4 cup of almonds for 3/4 cup of candied ginger, chopped fine...just yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- 3Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- 4In separate bowl, combine spices and remaining ingredients.
- 5Gradually add to sugar mixture; blend until dough comes together.
- 6Do not overmix.
- 7Divide dough in half; roll each half into a 12-inch log about 1-inch in diameter.
- 8Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Allow to cool on a baking rack 20 minutes.
- 11Cut log crosswise with a sharp serrated knife into 1/2-inch slices on cookie sheet.
- 12Bake at 350°F for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- 13Cool, then store in a tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingersnap Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.9 mg
- Sodium 27.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g