Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an adaptation of one of the standard Joy of Cooking recipes which turned out to be semi quick and totally delicious.
- Heat oil in deep skillet and add diced onion until transparent (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic until slightly colored (1-2 minutes).
- Add drained can of diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and bullion.
- Heavily simmer over medium to medium low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the mean time set a salted pot of water to boil and cook Gnocchi.
- After gnocchi has cooked, add to sauce and toss for 2-3 minutes and add oregano and basil, stirring until well mixed.
- Add heavy whipping cream and simmer for 5-7 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside to cool and serve when warm.