The cottage cheese melts and the flavor is great in this Italian comfort meal. Gnocchi is the Italian name for a variety of thick, soft noodles or dumpling. They are often filled with potatoes. You can usually find them in the freezer section of your grocery store by the ravioli and other frozen pastas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the gnocchi, according to package directions.
- 2While gnocchi is cooking, fry the pound of bacon in a skillet.
- 3Drain the bacon on paper towels and pat to remove excess grease.
- 4Cut or break (depending on how crispy you like your bacon) the bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- 5Drain the gnocchi and put back into boiling pot.
- 6Add cottage cheese and mix well.
- 7Add bacon pieces last to maintain crispness.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- 9Leftovers can be heated in a pan with a little butter.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi With Cottage Cheese & Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.7
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 937.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: