Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the ultimate in rich comfort food. It may seem creamy and high fat but the lack of dairy leaves you with all the flavour but none of the guilt. Also perfect for vegetarians, vegans etc. Add some broccoli, chicken etc for a boost. A MUST FOR GARLIC LOVERS
- In a large saucepan melt 2 tbsp vegan margarine.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until the onion is transparent, then add mushrooms, basil, salt & pepper.
- Cook until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Add remaining margarine and olive oil and combined well.
- in a seperate bowl/container combine the soy milk and corn flour well and add to the mushroom mixture.
- Stir until thick and then remove from heat.
- Cook gnocchi as per instructions and add to the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
Excellent! I was out of onions so I used 4-5 green onions- green part too. I used only 8oz (227g) of white mushrooms, not sure the name. 1package of whole wheat Gnocchi from Aldi store (500g) and skim milk like ingredients said, the directions said soy milk, Oh I also used butter instead of the margarine, i used 4Tbs and 2Tbs olive oil, plus 1/4tsp of sage. I might use a little less butter next time. Thank you for posting because I had no idea what to do for sauce for a pkg of Gnocchi and most of the other recipes called for tomatoes which I am out of. Thanks again, will make again!
I really enjoyed using this recipe however, I felt that it was missing a little something so I added some sundried tomatoes as well as a little sage. Very quick and easy, great flavor, and not too much guilt. Great way to enjoy gnocchi!