2 hrs 15 mins
Great northern Italian dish, served with Veal Saltimboca
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the milk to a boil and gradually stir in the semolina. Keep stiring as it thickens, continue to cook for 10 minutes then remove the pot from the heat.
- 2Beat the yolks with a splash of milk and add them to the semolina, together with the cheese, 1/4 cup butter and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- 3Spread the semolina into a pan or work table to about 1cm thick.
- 4Allow the semolina to cool, then cut into squares or diamonds. Layer the sqaures into a dish and sprinkle some of the extra cheese between the layers. When all used up, sprinkle the melted butter over the gnocci, alowing it to soak inches.
- 5Bake the gnocchi 15 minutes in a hot (200C) oven, until golden, and serve at once.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocci Alla Romano
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.8
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 169.8 mg
- Sodium 473.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: