Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great northern Italian dish, served with Veal Saltimboca
Make and share this Gnocci Alla Romano recipe from Food.com.
- Bring the milk to a boil and gradually stir in the semolina. Keep stiring as it thickens, continue to cook for 10 minutes then remove the pot from the heat.
- Beat the yolks with a splash of milk and add them to the semolina, together with the cheese, 1/4 cup butter and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Spread the semolina into a pan or work table to about 1cm thick.
- Allow the semolina to cool, then cut into squares or diamonds. Layer the sqaures into a dish and sprinkle some of the extra cheese between the layers. When all used up, sprinkle the melted butter over the gnocci, alowing it to soak inches.
- Bake the gnocchi 15 minutes in a hot (200C) oven, until golden, and serve at once.