Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice and cheesy with the crunch of pine nuts and a hint of tomato.
Make and share this Goat Cheese Crostini recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces goat cheese (or chevre)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 6 inch French baguettes
- Mix together goat cheese, 1/4 cup of the pine nuts, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, pepper, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut baguettes into 24 1/2-inch diagonal slices and toast them in a toaster oven or under the broiler.
- Spread evenly onto the bread slices and garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup pine nuts.
The flavors are wonderful- instead of olive oil, I used the oil from the jar of tomatoes. And I agree that the pepper should be cut by half. Thanks Sue L, I will keep this one!
Great snack I made for myself. Subbed sliced almonds, olive bread. Used a tad bit more sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, and a tad less of the salt. Did not find peppery at all. The acidity in a glass of white wine would have gone well with this.. I think. :)
I thought this was WAY WAY WAY too salty. I followed the recipe as directed, so I'm puzzled that no one else has commented about the salt. I love all the ingredients in this, so I'll try next time omitting the salt (and sugar possibly too).