This is the way I make mashed potatoes to accompany a special meal. My family goes crazy over these creamy mashed potatoes and no matter how much I make, I never seem to have any left over. This is fabulous with beautiful cuts of steaks. You could possibly sub cream cheese mixed with sour cream for the mascarpone cheese, although I have never made them this way.. There is, of course, a recipe for mascarpone cheese substitute here on Zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes and scallions in a pot and add water to cover potatoes by at least one inch. Bring to a boil and strain once the potatoes are fork soft.
- 2Remove Scallions and discard.
- 3Return potatoes to pot and add butter and mascarpone cheese.
- 4Mash until smooth mixing in enough milk to thin to desired consistency.
- 5Mix in truffle sauce; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Mashed Potatoes (Mascarpone Potato Puree)
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.7
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: