My husband loves crab alfredo, but we simply cannot afford to eat out all the time. This one tastes just as good as what we find at restaurants---and saves us money!
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 large crab legs, cooked & meat removed or 10 ounces lump crabmeat, cartilage removed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 12 ounces whole grain fettuccine
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add cream cheese.
- When softened, add cream and parmesan. Add garlic, and stir well.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Boil pasta according to package directions, drain, & set aside.
- If boiling your own, boil crab legs, crack open & remove meat. Press meat lightly between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Mix everything together & serve.
I used the alfredo sauce recipe here, and served with chicken instead of crab... I followed the recipe pretty much as directed, omitting the basil & sliced mushrooms. I used a whole grain linguine instead of fettuccine... The sauce was absolutely delicious -- tastes quite a bit like Marie Calendar's alfredo sauce. I used fat free cream cheese and light cream (what I had in the house), and granulated garlic instead of garlic powder. I will definitely make this again.
This recipe was wonderful and easy! I had enough to take to work for lunch the next day. It reheated well for me! Yummy 2x! Thanks for sharing!