Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My panacotta recipe, with sour cream for an authentic Italian taste. Reduce balsamic vinegar to a syrup, and try with strawberries drizzlesd on the side.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the cold water in a small saucepan.
- Let sit for a few minutes.
- Over low heat place saucepan with the gelatin and the heavy cream.
- Add in the sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir until just warm, and no granules of sugar are felt between the fingertips.
- NOT COOKING THE MIXTURE-- JUST DISOLVING-- Let cool.
- Add 1/4 cup of dairy sour cream to the mixture, A LITTLE AT A TIME, This gives it a authentic tart taste as in Italy.
- Add as much as you like for your taste.
- Or it can be left out .
- Pour into custard dishes.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Serve with strawberries or peaches, with reduced Balsamic vinegar to a thick syrup.
- Good this way.
- Good served Plain also.